By bypassing intermediaries such as real-estate agencies, tour operators, travel agencies and booking offices, holiday property owners are able to offer rates which are, on average, 15 to 50% lower than those offered by professional operators.
Direct contact with owners
You are in direct contact with those who know their properties best, i.e., the owners themselves. As such, you will be provided with accurate information about the surroundings, views, property features and amenities, getting to the property, etc…
Properties which are often better equipped
Holiday properties which are directly available from owners, and which they frequently use themselves, are often better equipped than properties proposed by professional operators, who often handle large numbers of properties which, in many cases, offer the basic minimum in terms of features and amenities.
- Find out as much as you can from the owner about the geographic location of the property, property features and amenities, possible inconveniences, the general state of the property, renovation dates, etc…
- Ask to see photographs, if need be
- Remember to clarify with the owner what is and is not included in the rate (water, electricity and heating, local taxes, house-keeping, etc…) as well as the arrival and departure times.
- Print out a hard (paper) copy of the advert and keep it in a safe place
- Demand a rental agreement
- As a safety measure, we strongly advise against making payments via Western Union or Moneygram.
- Make sure that an inventory of fixtures is established and checked through with the owner on arrival and on departure
If you find that the property does not conform to the description provided in the advert, kindly contact our team by e-mail as quickly as possible by clicking here.